1. What are the specifications of the NuWave BruHub Coffee Maker?
• Dimensions: : 12.4 inches long, 9.5 inches wide, 12.6 inches tall
• Wattage: 1,500 watts
• Voltage: 120 volts
• Amps: 12.5 amps
• Weight: 12 pounds
||1 to 2 scoops
||2 to 3 scoops
|Half Carafe (21oz)
||3 to 4 scoops
|Full Carafe (42oz)
||4 to 5 scoops
2. Can I use any single serve pod with the BruHub?
Yes, you can use any type of single serve pod available today.
3. How much grounds should I use when using the custom insert?
We recommend consulting our beverage selection guide when brewing with the custom insert. You can customize
the strength of the coffee by adding more or using less grounds if you so desire. Always make sure you do not
exceed the max line in the filter basket. We recommend using drip or course grounds for best results.
4. Why is the mug tray removable?
The removable mug tray can be removed to more easily clean the BruHub. Additionally, you can set the mug tray
higher up on the BruHub when using smaller mugs to prevent your coffee from splashing onto your countertop.
5. What is the Preheating function for?
Before you’re ready to brew, press the power button and the BruHub will begin to bring the water in the tank to the
optimal temperature for brewing. While the BruHub is preheating, a red light will be illuminated next to the Preheat
button. The red light will turn off once the BruHub is preheated and will automatically begin brewing once you press
the Brew button.
6. What types of beverages can I make with the BruHub?
In addition to brewing individual cups of coffee or entire carafes, the BruHub lets you make your favorite teas, hot
chocolates, and even instant soups and instant noodle cups all with the push of a button. Best of all, thanks to the
hot water insert which ensures the water bypasses the coffee chamber, your drinks and soups won’t have any
7. How much coffee can the BruHub brew at once?
There are 4 different options that you can choose from: 8 ounces, 12 ounces, half carafe (21 ounces) or a full carafe (42 ounces).
When choosing the 8 and 12 ounce options, you can place any coffee mug that meets these parameters under the
housing, or you can use the provided carafe. For the half and full carafe options, you must use the provided carafe.
Please note that when using the custom brew insert, you must use the provided carafe.
8. What are the different inserts for?
There are 3 different inserts that come with the BruHub: single serve, custom brew, and hot water. The single serve
insert lets you use your favorite single serve coffee pods. The custom brew insert lets you use your favorite coffee
grounds. The hot water insert lets you make hot water for tea, instant noodles and more while bypassing the coffee
chamber, ensuring your hot water won’t have any coffee taste.
9. How Do I Use The BruCup?
The reusable BruCup can be used to make a single cup of coffee using the NuWave BruHub’s Single Serve Insert. Just follow these steps.
1. Add the Single Serve Insert to the Insert Chamber while lining up the dots.
2. Unlock the cap of the BruCup by turning to the unlock position and lifting up. Note that the BruCup cap is detachable.
3. Add coffee grounds to the BruCup, being sure not the fill pas the max line.
4. Place the cap back onto the BruCup and turn to the lock position.
5. Place the BruCup into the Single Serve Insert by lining up the tabs in front of the BruCup to the front of the Single Serve Insert.
10. What is the Charcoal Filter and how do I use it?
The optional Charcoal Filter provides additional water purification and comes with an easy to use holder so you
have peace of mind knowing the water will pass through the filter before it goes to your cup.
To install the Charcoal Filter, flush and drain the filter by following the directions in the Owner’s Manual, then insert
the filter into the water tank, ensuring the holder sits firmly in the channel.
11. How can I clean the BruHub?
All parts of the BruHub are removable for easy cleaning. All parts, except for the water tank and BruHub base, are
dishwasher-safe - top rack only.
12. When I choose the Bold setting, why does it take longer to brew?
Brewing in the Bold setting slightly increases the length of the steeping process. This results in more time for the
grounds to absorb into the water, creating a bolder cup of coffee.
13. Why do I get less coffee when I brew on the Iced setting?
When you choose the Iced setting, you will receive half the amount of coffee as you would on the Regular setting.
This is done to provide a stronger, more concentrated coffee that will taste just how you like it when you add ice.
With a more concentrated coffee, you won’t have to worry about your iced coffee being watered down.
14. I pressed the Brew button but the BruHub isn’t brewing. What did I do wrong?
Before you start brewing, make sure all parts, including the water tank and coffee chamber, are securely in place. If
the unit is beeping after you press the Brew button, make sure the water tank is filled with enough water for the
size you selected. If the unit is not starting up, make sure the lid is properly and fully closed.
15. Why is the machine clogging up?
Check to make sure both needles are thoroughly cleaned out. Use a thin piece of metal or metal wire brush to clean
the needle. Always use caution as the needles are extremely sharp.
16. What is the warranty?
The BruHub includes a 1-year limited warranty. CLICK HERE
for detailed warranty information.
1-YEAR VIP LIMITED WARRANTY :
The 1-Year VIP LIMITED WARRANTY applies only to purchases made directly from NuWave LLC (not third-party retailers) by customers within the 48 contiguous states. It covers customer’s shipping costs when returning a defective unit to NuWave (if requested) and when having a replacement unit and/or parts shipped from NuWave to customer for one year from date of purchase. Shipping covered under this warranty shall be via UPS, FedEx, or another similar service, determined at NuWave’s sole discretion. This warranty does not replace the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty and it shall only apply to shipping costs when NuWave, in its sole discretion, determines that a valid warranty claim has been made under the Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty.
If you have any questions about the operation or warranty of the product, one of our friendly customer service representatives will be glad to help you. Simply call 1-877-689-2838, M-F from 7:30AM – 4:30PM CST, or e-mail email@example.com
17. What if I can’t find the manual for my NuWave BruHub?